Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Wife, Happy Life

I have had a FANTASTIC weekend.

Last week was a bit rough for me, by that I mean emotional stuff mostly. Things were off and it affected how I dealt with others things during the week. I couldn't focus a lot, I kept drifting in daydreams...it really did a number on me.

So I flew my husband in. Last minute.

That's right :-) I did something spontaneous and while my wallet is a little tighter my heart and mind feel so much better. It's amazing how much stuff like that can affect you and become a positive influence. I have been ridiculously happy for a few days now, and even though he left this morning I have been productive today. No sulking. No whining. No laying around feeling heartbroken.

I feel so much better. M always knows just what do to when I'm in my funk (granted, I may not always like what he does to do it, but it always works) and his presence is always so calming.

For one, he got us a hotel with a garden tub. YES YES YES. We spent every evening in that tub watching episodes of Big Bang Theory on his computer propped up on the toilet. That's a win right there. He took me to some of the places that we like to eat and, like we always manage to do, he found us an aquarium to go to. We ate a little more ice cream than I'd like to admit but we were staying at a place with a (teeny tiny) gym so we did get our sweat-on.

I realized 2 things on this trip:
1. It may seem boring to do the same stuff or eat at the same places every time we see eachother, but I realized that I connect that with us picking up where we left off the last time we saw eachother. It's us pretending like nothing has changed. When people live together they get into a routine, something that's comfortable, and that's what we do even though we don't get to see one another. I find comfort in that. We do go to different places, but we do have to get our staple places in when he's here. It makes it seem like we still live together.

2. I hate the airport. It has now become a symbol of our time apart. It also is the place that brings us together, but I spend so little time in the airport waiting for him to come in than when I do when he leaves. When he leaves we stand there waiting closer to the time when he has to pass through the gates to get on his flight because those minutes are so precious that we don't want to end it earlier than we have to so the heartbreak feels like an eternity. And while we are standing there we never see anyone else in the same predicament as us. It's always families hand-in-hand going on a vacation or heading back to their place of origin as a big, happy unit. It just an ugly reminder of an unpleasant subject and I never like going there after we have had such an amazing time together.

But despite the horrible airport, so worth it :-)

On to some updates:

1. I didn't get a subpeona. Woot!
2. I moved into a new living arrangement 2 weeks ago and everything has been going smoothly. Needless to say, I keep to myself now. No getting involved with roomates. What. So. Ever.
3. This week is another short week at work!

Good things. All good things :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin