Saturday, March 1, 2014

Can I Be 20 Again? Pretty Please?

Confession: In college, when my roommate was most assuredly in class, I used to shut the blinds and dance. And not just dance, but clamor about the room like my limbs weren't attached to anything.

Back then we had cd's (and the biggest, blockiest initial prototypes of IPods-- but not alot of people had them yet) I would throw some cd's in the disc player and jam out in the quirkiest ways possible. I mean it. It could probably be seen as interpretive dance if anyone had ever caught of glimpse of it. It made me feel happy, free, and on days when I didn't feel like working out it helped calm my fear of being a lazy ass because I definitely broke out into a sweat.

I ran to the gym today but didn't get to stay long because everyone seems to have an internal messenger that tells them to give me bad news while I'm at the gym. I never get to stay long enough to do anything I want because I'm always called to go deal with some potential catastrophe. So I came home, dealt with it, then I went to YouTube. Pharrel's "Happy" song has been speaking to me lately so I played it and kind of jiggled about in my chair. All 80's-like with my shoulder moves.

Then I did it. Shut my blinds and went crazy in my room. Yup, it's juvenile. And, nope, I don't care. I heard joints cracking like a 30 year old will, but whatever. It felt pretty good not to give a damn for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin